1.Different breeds of cows and buffaloes and their production and reproduction parameters.
2.Conservation and development of indigenous breeds through selective breeding.
3.Benefits of Crossbreeding and genetic improvement of dairy animals.
4.The existing State Breeding Policy and its enforcement.
5.Introduction to Al, and its importance, role of Al in genetic up gradation across nations, Natural Service (NS) vs Al, advantages and limitations.
6.External and internal body parts of a dairy animal and their function
7.Male reproductive organs & their functions Semen, its collection, evaluation,
8.processing, preservation different types of semen packing,structure of mini and medium straws information printed on straw and its importance Breed wise Straw color codes.
9.Female reproductive organs & their functions.
10.Estrus cycle: Internal and external symptoms at different stages of estrus cycle, The correct time of insemination Determinants of first Al in heifers Methods of heat detection in cattle and buffaloes.
11.Normal reproductive cycle.
12.Puberty, Maturity, Breeding, Fertilization, Implantation, Gestation and Calving.
13.Ideal calving interval Service period, dry period and Inter-calving period.
14.Process of insemination:
• Collecting History
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
15.Importance of The proper method of semen withdrawal from container
• Proper thawing
Proper preparation of Al gun
• The proper site of semen deposition Care of animal during & after insemination
16.AI equipment and accessories & their care
17.Liquid nitrogen handling: Structure of LN container
• Handling & care of LN container Precaution in the handling of LN Different models of LN containers Importance of maintaining the cold chain and LN refilling schedule.
19.Methods of calculating conception rates and factors affecting conception rates
20. Method of drying ofanimals on completion of 7th month
21. Common reproductive disorders/ diseases, repeat breeding,
causes of abortion, etc.
22. Measures to obtain maximum.
23.Eartagging, importance of record keeping, recording formats and submission of record into the INAPH application(offline & online versions) through.
24. PDA/Notebook/Desktop(training in data entry with dummy data on test server,diffrent flash messages,saving the data synchronization of data with the server and using sction reports in day to day work.)
25. Starting an AI center.
26. Mehtod of non-surgical castration.
27. Care and management of new born calf and heifers till it becomes pregnant at farmers perception.
28. Care and management of Dry Pregnant animals.
29. Care ans management of animals befor and after calving, precautions at the time of calving and use of naval kit for disinfection of naval cord.
30. Important of animal housing andgenral management in grtting full expression of genetic capalibity.
31. Importance of bio-security measures to be adopted during AI.
32. Economically important diseases and their prevention through timely vaccination; various available vaccines,vaccination schedules, importance of maintaining cold chain.
33. Basic aspects of nutrition and concept of Ration Balancing..
34. Importance of proper nutrition including feeding of vitamins and mineral mixtures and deworming in fertility mangement with micronutrients deficiencies on fertility status/repoductive health of anima.
35. Vaccination schedule for FMD, HS, BQ Brucellosis and Anthrax(in Karnataka and Assam)